Bob McNeil |Senior Technology Sales Executive
Denver, CO 80202 |Mobile: 4152657434
Enterprise Technology Sales Professional with 18 years of success and expanding responsibility in Professional Services, Software and Hardware. Successful at identifying revenue opportunities, engaging C-level executives in value discussions, leveraging a strong technical acumen in technical discussions and exceeding sales goals. Professional Services Experience in Cloud Services, Amazon Web Services, Disaster Recovery, Cybersecurity, Oracle, SAP and Mainframe Services.
- Account Management & Territory Development
- Clear Communication, Strategic Planning
- Consultative & Value Based Selling
- Technical Solution Development
- Sales Forecasting & Pipeline Management
- Executive Management Collaboration Strategies
- Strategic Partner & Alliance Development
- Contract Negotiations
Long View Systems August 2021 to Present
Lumen, Inc. May 2020 to August 2021
Faction, Inc. March 2019 to February 2020
OneDataSource April 2018 to January 2019
Director, US Business Development
- Direct Sales in the western US for this Software as a Service provider.
- Developed the sales strategy and involved in marketing efforts to generate in-bound demand.
Sungard Availability Services February 2017 to January 2018
- Direct Sales and Channel Sales for the Rocky Mountain Region, Consulting Services and Professional Services for SAP, Oracle, Managed Amazon Web Services, Cybersecurity, Mainframe.
- Developed $9.54M in Pipeline; 135% of plan.
- Developed the Channel Partner ecosystem for Sungard AS in the Rocky Mountains.
NebulOS.io, Denver, CO July 2015 to October 2016
Senior Sales Executive
- Driving Development of Robotic Enterprise Deployment technology for SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, ESaaS.
- Lead the Oracle relationship at this Oracle Gold Partner firm and prospecting the companies first customers.
Oracle Corporation, San Francisco, CA and Broomfield, CO March 2010 to June 2015
Data Protection Account Executive
- FY11: 86% of quota, sold Oracle Hardware, Storage Management Software, Virtualization Technologies.
- FY12: 132% of quota, promoted to SMB Field Sales team.
- FY12: Mentored new hires and earned “Top Driver” award for the Oracle Emerging Markets Organization.
- FY13: 115% of quota; promoted to Sr. Account Executive.
- FY13: Closed a $500K deal with Front Porch Digital, leading to the Oracle acquisition of FPD in Oct. 2014.
- FY14: 101% of quota; promoted to StorageTek Field Account Executive, relocated to Colorado.
Optitec Systems, Inc., San Francisco, CA April 2009 to March 2010
Contracting Account Executive
- Closed a $130,000 cloud storage project within 90 days.
- Closed $200,000 in Imperva Firewall technology, VMware and HP sales in January 2010.
- Specialists in Storage, Virtualization, Private Cloud and Network Security
Egenera, Inc., Marlborough, MA and San Francisco, CA March 2006 to October 2008 ‘The Datacenter Virtualization Company’
- FY06: 120% of quota; led the Inside Sales team in productivity and revenue, resulting in promotion to account executive.
- FY07: 100% of quota; Promoted to Field Sales and relocated to San Francisco. Charged with developing sales in the Fortune 1000 market for Egenera Software, Professional Services and Unified Computing Infrastructure.
- FY08: 75% of quota; Landed three net-new strategic accounts worth $750K within the first nine months.
MIS Alliance Corporation, Newton, MA August 2003 to March 2006
‘Boston’s premier technology solutions provider’
Vice President, Sales
- 130% of quota; increased the size of the billable staff from three engineers to 12 within two years.
- Doubled company revenues within two years, while retaining more than 95% of existing clients.
- Developed the MIS Alliance sales department, including professional services, sales support and tools.
Freelance Consulting, Boston, MA 2002 to 2003
Independent Technical Support Specialist
- TEKsystems, Inc., Framingham, MA
- Robert Half Technology, Boston, MA
- Harvard Business School, Boston, MA
NaviSite, Inc., Andover, MA January 1999 to December 2001
‘A leading provider of enterprise hosting and managed application services’
Senior Network Operations Center Specialist, RSA Administration
- Supported managed services in the NaviSite 24x7x365 network operations center.
- Managed network and systems monitoring for two datacenters and support for 362 customers.
- Trained new hires in diverse technologies for systems monitoring, security and management.
ComputerTown Inc., Boston, MA January 1998 to January 1999
Corporate Account Executive
- $1.4 million in annual sales. 115% of quota
- Reported to the director of corporate sales, creating a Wintel sales department within a Mac reseller.
- Increased the PC Software, Wintel Server and Software sales of a Macintosh reseller by 120%.
Toast Technologies Inc., Cambridge, MA October 1996 to December 1997
- Extensive customer and vendor interaction, technical support and technician-level systems integration engineering.
- Helped grow the company from three to eight employees, reached $4 million in sales in the first year.
- Promoted to full-time sales position after six months, hunting new business.
- Bentley University, Waltham, MA, Bachelor of Science, Economics and Finance, 1995
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Australia, study abroad, 1993-1994
- Monash University, Caulfield, Australia, study abroad, 1993-1994
Technical and Professional Certifications
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, 2020, Validation Number CFRVF1213MEQQL53
- AWS Business Professional Certification, 2019
- VMware VSP; Technical Sales Professional and four other VMware certifications, 2019
- Dell Storage Sales Training Certification, 2019
- Toastmasters Competent Communicator, 2013
- Sandler Sales Training, 2010
- Oracle Fundamentals Sales Training, 2010
Professional Associations and Special Interests
- Colorado Technology Association: Event Volunteer & Team Lead
- Bovine Metropolis: Improv Comedy 101
- Colorado Technology Sales Professionals, a professional development & networking organization
- Founded & lead a community of Sales Professionals that grew to 930+ members within four years
- Denver Startup Week 2018 – Public Speaking Engagement on how to roll out a sales team